1-4 September 1970, Geneva, Switzerland
President IIRA: B.C. Roberts
POLITICAL SYSTEMS AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
Rapporteur: John T. Dunlop
- Political systems and industrial relations systems in Western Europe and North America. Roberts.
- Political systems and industrial relations in Latin America. Stafforini.
- Political control and industrial relations in independent Africa. Nivol and Mazrui.
- Political systems in Eastern Europe and industrial relations. Rybicki.
- Political systems and industrial relations in Asia. Ishikawa.
Labour relations and social political systems. Ussenin.
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND INDUSTRIAL CHANGE
Rapporteur: Jean-Daniel Reynaud.
- Productivity agreements, rationalisierungsschutzabkommen et accords sur l’emploi. Delamonte.
- Social innovations in industrial relations. Furstenberg.
- Industrial co-operation and technological change: A study of joint management-union committee in the American industry. Shirom.
- Shifts in the philosophy, functions and structure of metropolitan employers’ associations in the United States, 1890-1964. Wortman.
Inter-industry variations in strike proneness in India 1959-1967. Bharadway.
EVALUATION OF MANPOWER POLICIES
Rapporteur: Mrs. Z. Morecka.
- Some neglected aspects of economic and manpower planning. Pang.
- Manpower approach versus cultural approach to educational planning. Bodenhofer and Armbruster.
- Manpower development in Tanzania. Olulo.
- Reflections on employment opportunities in Latin America. Zaidi.
- Manpower policy in the market economics. Rottenberg.
- The role of the employment service in redeployment. Reid.
- The relevance of surplus labor theory to the urban labor markets of Latin America. Miller.
- Personnel recruitment and labour market problems of industrial organizations. Hamaker.
- Some aspects of manpower utilization policies. Taigar.
WORKERS PARTICIPATION IN MANAGEMENT
Rapporteur: F. Walker
- Employee participation in Japanese industries. Odaka.
- Workers’ participation in management: Three Indian studies. Vaid.
- Soviet workers’ participation in management. Kapustin.
- The industrial democracy project in Norway. Qvale.
- Workers’ self management in Yugoslav undertakings. Gorupic and Paj.
- Role of job design in workers’ participation in management. Fine.
- Employees’ participation in the management of municipal institutions in Denmark. Lund.
- Workers’ participation in the management of enterprises and Belgian law. Stroobant.
- The organization survey feedback principle as a technique for encouraging workers’ involvement in organization improvement.
- The Belgian trade union movement and the problem of workers’ control. Desolre.
THE ROLE AND FUNCTIONS OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS CENTRES
Rapporteur: G. Somers.
- The role and functions of industrial relations centres in France. Candau
- The role and functions of industrial relations centres in Argentina and other South American countries. Macri.
- The role and function of labour (industrial) relations centres. Hronsky.
- Problems of industrial relations research in India. Joshi.